Sunday, October 14, 2012

Parental Control


Parental Control Resources for iPod, iPhone, iPad, PC and Mac

Last week for my birthday I got a new iPhone! Never one to be an early adopter this is my first smart phone. (How unusual for someone who works in the tech industry.) Now that I have an iPhone my daughter has inherited my iPod touch. I know that many of her friends also own an iPod touch. They all have access to the Internet, FaceTime, YouTube and other applications. I figured there are other parents out there who may be wondering along with me, are there any parental control options available on these devices? So I did a bit of research and am sharing the links here. I’m also including links to resources for similar features on regular old desktops and laptops in both PC and Mac flavors.

Parental Controls on iDevices

Parental Controls on the PC

Windows 7

Parental Controls on the MAC

Other Family Internet Safety Links and Resources

Let me know in the comments if you know of other resources that I can include here, or if you would like to hear about any of these in more detail in future posts.
You might also like:
  1. Parental Controls for your Tech Toys
  2. The Best Parental Control Tool? Parents
  3. How to Restrict YouTube and Safari in iPod touch and iPad
  4. Kid Safe Browsers for iPod Touch and iPad
  5. Parental controls for the Kindle Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment